Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'M SORRY

In the spirit of contrition inspired by the BHO “apology tour” to Europe and South America for past US transgressions I am compelled to apologize for the transgressions of our generation against this years graduating class. I’m sorry we are leaving you the largest national debt in US history. I’m sorry that we are leaving you the worst economy in at least two generations with a terrible job market. I’m sorry that you will not have the quality of medical care we had. I’m sorry that you will likely pay much higher taxes then we did. I’m sorry that you will pay 3 to 5 times more for electric power then we did in a lame attempt to stem global warming. I’m sorry that you will be burdened by a larger, more intrusive government then we had. I’m sorry you will likely never receive a social security check like we do in spite of contributing all of your working life. But most of all, and most important, I’m sorry that you will not have the opportunity to succeed in the free market system that we enjoyed. Good luck. You’ll need it.

3 comments:

Marcel said...

You can also be sorry for the poor education they got which does not let them see the reality of todays situation. In other words, they do not know what you are talking about.

John Beauregard said...

I must admit that I am sorry for only a small number of graduates. The vast majority of college students that voted in 2008 naively voted to exacerbate these abominable conditions. That makes it HARD to feel sorry for them. By the time they realize what they are doing to themselves it will be difficult or impossible to reverse.

patb said...

Kind of abuseing the word sorry, isn't he? Prayerfully, we all won't be SORRY for it.