Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wii-itis

Wii is now the fasting selling video game because it not only appeals to children but also is a big hit with adults and senior citizens. The Wii games (bowling, tennis, golf, boxing etc. etc.) require the player to use there arms and legs to swing a virtual tennis racket or throw a virtual bowling ball. And therein lies the problem. There is a new ailment out there called Wii-itis. It is caused by overusing your Nintendo Wii video game. Some players (mostly seniors) overuse previously unused/underused muscles leading to pain similar to carpel tunnel syndrome. I played Wii bowling with my grandson Gregory (12 years old). Even though I lost it is a fun, challenging game. I wonder how long before Nintendo gets sued for selling an attractive nuisance and medicare gets swamped with Wii-itis claims!!

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

I have been wanting a Wii for quite some time, but in this point of my unemployment, I just can't bring myself to a good justification for that expenditure.

Anonymous said...

Our grandson JP has had a Wii for over a year, and nothing hurts on him, maybe when he gets to be older his eyes will hurt. He loves that thing better than school.

Marcel said...

If you would have beaten Gregory I would have been surprised. He was astonishing when he was showing me his Nintendo many years ago. He will develop many skills in his lifetime.

Monica said...

When I visited Krista over Thanksgiving, Sarah and her little friends were playing many games on the large-screen TV using the Wii. She (and her friends) were very good at bowling, expecially. They spend quite a bit of time selecting different games to play. I was amazed.

KRISTA said...

One of the main reasons why I have been promoted to my bedroom tv. If Sarah and her friends arn't playing then Dj and his friends are playing and in some cases Doug and the neighbor guys are playing! I have just gotten use to "go to your room"! Why did we not like this when we were young, I love it know!!!!!

I must say, I am addicted to bowling and boxing. Boxing, I can kick some A...