Thursday, January 25, 2007

Not Running For President

Yesterday John Kerry announced that he will not seek the nomination for president of the United States. After much discussion with my immediate family and close friends I have decided not to seek the nomination either. I want to spend more time with my family and golfing. In the words of a famous politician (whose name I cannot recall): If nominated I will not run. If elected, I will not serve. I know some people never considered me a viable candidate for president but that did not stop John Kerry from announcing.

11 comments:

paulette said...

Add my name to the list of those not running. In the words of Lyndon B. Johnson , "I shall not seek and I will not accept the nomination of my party.

Gretchen said...

What party?

Sean M. said...

I have not completely ruled out a run for President of the United States in 2008, but at this juncture, it would not be prudent for me to do so...

How's that for political jargon???

John Beauregard said...

Sean - You are more, or at least as, qualified as Barack Obama. Let me know if you choose to run. I'll vote for you.

Marcel said...

John .... Sean's qualificans are not as good as Obama, he cannot attract the Black Vote.

marty said...

If I raise the money, do I have to run?
Speaking of raising money, I have in mind running in a marathon. People would pledge a given amount for each mile I came up short.
Damn, maybe I will run.

marty said...

BTW.....it was William Tecumseh Sherman

Sean M. said...

Thanks for the support Uncle John. I'm afraid my grandfather is right, though; I doubt I could attract the "minority" voters. Therefore, it would be in my best interest not to seek the Presidency at this time.

Wow, I'm good at this political talk...LOL

Monica said...

What's wrong with all you people? What happened to 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country' ?

marty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
marty said...

Many of us think the best thing we can do for our cuntry is not be president. Not to mentiion any names but, wouldn't have been great if someone else had determined that. As a mater of fact I can thing of a few.